Every Saturday morning, Christi and I have a conversation over a cup of coffee. It's basically a weekly planning meeting with other topics sprinkled throughout. We discuss things that we need to focus on and help each other solve problems.
This morning, one of our topics was health. Christi's focus was on diet, nutrition, and healthy eating habits. My focus was on how exercise is equally as important. But who has time to work out as a mother or father with 8 kids? Gym memberships would be ridiculous for us... not mention a waste of money.
For years, Christi has been trying to convince me that Chuck Norris and Christie Brinkley have the perfect solution. I just remind her about the tread mill that we no longer have because we used it for hanging laundry. Maybe it's just me, but I think there's something unnatural about walking in place. Going for an evening walk with the entire family has so many more advantages and includes the breath of fresh air that I believe is necessary.
So here's my perfect solution... The ULTIMATE HOME GYM. It includes things like baby lifts, paint the wall, laundry basket lifts, the REAL DEAL stair master, and the all-time classic "wax-on, wax-off." Just like in weight lifting and aerobic workouts, form and posture are key!
I thought about marketing this, but that would defeat one of the main principles... IT'S FREE! Not to mention it would be a rip-off from Mr. Miagi.
OK Christi! I'll stop typing about it and do it. I have to go work out with my paint brush and iPod now... side, side, up, down. Don't forget to breath!
Here's a video for inspiration...
How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. Mother Teresa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment