I was in a meeting all day yesterday that almost made my head explode. I was invited to give a presentation on progressive multimedia communications and methodologies, but didn't really know who would be attending. I was glad that I was one of the first presenters so that I could just sit back and relax for the rest of the day. No chance Lance! After listening to everybody else in the room, I was REALLY glad I went first. Otherwise, I would've probably fumble and bumble through my entire briefing.
As the day unfolded, I started to wonder why the heck I was invited to this meeting. The room was filled with some of the most intelligent people I had ever met... the kind that graduate from MIT with straight A's. Let's put it this way... the dude from Google was definitely not a salesman. Salesmen can't spit this level of jive talk. You feel me?
I felt like Forrest Gump in this crowd. My little hamster wheel was spinning so fast I thought it would come off track. Some of the content from that meeting is STILL churning in my head. It kinda freaks me out! One thing I know for certain... I was the only Art major in the room.
Anyhow... I feel obligated to pass along a small portion of a particular topic discussed in yesterday's meeting. I could bore you with links to websites that you probably won't want to read, but since I'm a multimedia visual dude, I'm posting videos that describe one of the topics. Anybody with kids should watch the following videos. Actually, any kid that can read should watch these videos... esp. if they complain about having too much homework.
You may want to watch this when you have a block of uninterrupted time. Enjoy!
How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. Mother Teresa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What are you talking about??? YOU ARE A GENIUS TOO and thus, the reason for being in that room with all those other geniuses! Silly brother of mine......
I'm proud of my brother! :)
Look, I can geek out at times. But not like this crowd! These peeps bring on a whole new level of geekness that's way beyond pocket protectors.
But thanks for the vote of confidence, Mary. I'm just the artsy-fartsy guy tryin' to bring some color to the group with my box of crayolas.
Well, time to git some lunch!
Ok, that's it. I am turning off Dragon Tales and making my kids recite their math drills. For Real!
Don't freak out too much. There's a difference between being educated and being innovative (i.e., creative thinking). Asians have a tendency of just improving our ideas.
China has huge problems with their censorship and population control. India is just trying to imitate America... look at Bollywood! They crave entertainment.
Americans are some of the most creative people on the planet because our open and free society is conducive to creative thinking. However, I believe our culture is a little too preoccupied with entertainment. Entertainment is good as long as it is kept in proper perspective.
This is how my twinky brain is involved... converging learning and entertainment.
So don't worry too much. Dragon Tales and Magic School Bus is learning through entertainment. It's up to us to make learning fun.
Post a Comment