I wanted to do something a little different this time. I thought about actually posting a video of me rapping this song I wrote, but I didn't have enough time and I wanted to get it posted before your birthday was over. Sorry, it needs a little work, but the older kids just went to bed around 10 o'clock, after we finished watching Rocky. I started thinking about it last night, but fell asleep and now I only have about an hour and a half to write and post it. So this is my first rough draft. I'll fine tune it later.
But, DON'T JUST READ IT... YOU MUST RAP IT like the Beastie Boys song "Paul Revere." ;-) Here's a YouTube clip to refresh your memory before you begin. Just listen to the beginning so you get the right rhythm and beat in your head. Then shut it off and start rappin'! Mary, if you can't rap it, have one of your kids do it for you. June, I know you're a natural at it. Enjoy! ;-)
***WARNING: Contains inside jokes only my sisters will understand.***
Now, here's a little story, I've got to tell
About three crazy kids, you know so well.
It all started way back in his-tory
With June, Mare, and me, Stan-ley!
My sistas had each other,
My dad had my mother,
And I had no brother,
But lookin' for another.
One lonely beastie boy I'd be
All by myself, with nobody.
When the sun went down, the lights went out.
All went to bed, and the rain came about.
Lighting and thunder began to boom,
Lookin' for a place, with a feeling of doom.
I sprang to my feet, I thought I'd give a try
I showed up at their door, I said, "Howdy", they said, "Hi"
The very next morning, I wiped off the drool,
Rushing all around, getting ready for school.
When the bathroom door unlocked.
I entered in and was shocked.
A cloud of AquaNet all over the place,
Hit in the face like a can of mace.
I stumbled to the sink
Tryin' to shake off the stink.
While brushing my teeth, I hear another boom.
All I could do was just assume.
Sistas doin' their routines,
Jumping up and down, tryin' to put on their jeans.
We stopped all the fuss.
"Oh no, is that the bus?"
Sprinting out the door,
Can't be late no more.
We ran down the street.
Gotta catch a bus seat.
I hear a slip and fall.
I didn't catch it all.
I glanced over to see, June was all muddy.
Next thing I knew, she was yellin' at my buddy.
Off to school we went.
No time to lament.
Everyday after school, through a window we'd sneak.
We couldn't tell our parents because we knew they would freak.
Many years ago, we lost our house key.
So we avoided the trouble we knew there'd be.
Snacks in our house were hard to find,
Nestle's Quick and Flintstone vitamins will do in a bind.
Sitting at the table acting like we're possessed,
Freakin' out June, we'd put her to the test.
Waiting for mom to come home from work, we'd do our own thing.
Mary played violin, while June tried to sing.
Another hour passed and we didn't hear a tune.
Mary and I would ask, "Hey, where is June?"
Looking all around, thinking hide-n-seek.
Starting to get worried about our dear little geek.
Finally, in a closet, no need to fret,
We found her asleep under a blan-ket.
I know this all sounds cheesy!
No, I'm not a rapper... so please don't ever tease me.
But if you take it to new heights,
I'll mention Mary's hair-doo or June's "poquito" bites. ;-)
Now, don't get me wrong.
The reason I wrote this song
Was to show my love for them
Which is greater than ANY gem.
Happy Birthday June and Mary.
We were like Curly, Moe, and Larry.
No matter what we do,
Know your goofy lil bro will always love YOU!
How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. Mother Teresa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Stan, you are so goofy... I cannot believe you put this together! June is at Disney and she is going to DIE when she sees this.... especially when she reads about her poquito bites..... oh my heck, STAN!!! I am just speechless.... honestly, I am without words here. You are a dork and now we have proof. :) I love you for it though..... why is it that only you can make me laugh and cry at the same time?????
I'm listening to this again.... oh my gosh, Stan.
I got this crazy call
From my sista with a ball
She was feaked or happy
I couldn't tell 'cause she was sappy.
All I could do is wonder
"what the heck" my Brother?
to my surprise I read the rhyme
and cried myself
at the thought and time!!
Thank you Stan
for the memory lane
the laugh and tears
the love and remember the beers?
Denters, we called it
thanks to Miller and a buck
We did have a few
when we grew up...
You still surprise me
with your creative tools
and you are like us,
When you Busta A Move
Poppin' and wavin
like some dance cravin
slick across a floor
I know you have more.
So don't think you're not a geek
'Cause your dorkiness is just sleek
Rippin butt gas & holdin the covers
Boogies hangin from ceilings hover!
Now I remember little Brotha Undercover
You thought I never knew
You're tricks were discovered
So rightback atcha, but
You rhyme much better
Just wanted to say...Much Love
And Thank YA!!!
J
Thank you Christi and Stan for such beautiful gifts of thoughts!! I love the photo book of the children and the trip down memory lane!! I am so blessed for the family you both have given me too.
I can't express my blessing and love enough,
June
Great! Here's proof that you are a dork too, June. :)
Glad you both enjoyed it. Some day you may see it performed... with a little break dancing. ;-)
June,
Very nice. But, I think you may need a little work on your rap skillz. ;-)
Mary,
I haven't forgotten about your Macbook. It's been a little crazy over here this past weekend and Christi got home last night. We just kicked back and relaxed. I'll call you.
Love,
Your lil bro
No worries, Stan! We got it all figured out (I think). They have a wonderful tech support that you can call and a pretty easy to understand manual. (Easy for Keith and the boys to understand, that is.....)
I read this rap thingymajingy again.... oh my heck, Stan. You are a whackadoo.....
Welcome home, Christi!!! Hope your retreat was wonderful and thank you for the birthday wishes. :)
Post a Comment