As the mother of eight children, I have tried numerous parenting techniques to trick,*ahem*, I mean train my children to do the right thing.
Not all techniques work for all children..sad to report.
Well...another one has bit the dust with my ever precocious four year old.
After her bath tonight, I spent the better part of twenty minutes trying to get her to put her own pajamas on. Why? you may ask, well... I don't really know. I guess it was just one of those "you should be able to do this by now" things. Not that it was really a "pick your battles" moment, but I digress.
And so the ordeal ended something like this. As I start to help dress her and she gives me a sheepish grin (where on earth does she get that grin..?)
Me.."You know Felicity, you should be able to dress yourself by now"
Felicity.."I'm just a little girl you know?"
Me.."Well, if you're just a little girl then you're going to have to take naps for a very long time"
After a slight pause...she smiles and says, "Well, know what, I really like naps, yup, I do"
* Chalk one up for the little people*
How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. Mother Teresa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
*Big Cheer* for the return of the Poczatek Post! Don't you just love these precious little moments when you get the words completely taken from your mouth and are left just shaking your head. Love it.
:) Talk to you soon.
I am having by own battles with my precocious 4 year old. It must be a cousin thing. She is giving me a run for my money. Tell Maria I said Happy Birthday! Love, Cyd
Really, really intelligent children. They sure paid attention to all the conversations around the house. It's hard to keep a straight face on those. Miss all of you. Love June
Post a Comment