I wanted to post this earlier before Christi woke up, but this darn flu has pummeled me. I’ve been sleeping most of the day. Better late than never.
Where do I begin? Maybe with this…
“Who can find a virtuous woman? Her price is far above jewels. The heart of her husband safely trusts her … Attractiveness is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a wife who fears the Lord is worthy of praise.” (Proverbs 18:22)
Well, I've found one! She is the heart and soul of our home. She gives praise, but does not seek it for herself. She is hard on herself, but gentle to those around her. She teaches us to be patient and kind. She is an inspiration to all her meet her, but mostly to children and me. Her determination and focus is evident when she wakes every morning before everybody else and tries to have a private, little conversation with God before she begins her day. There is never a doubt where her loyalty lies. I know diamonds, jewelry, and material possessions are not what she seeks. She truly understands what her REAL riches are.
Her generosity is beyond words and has no bounds. I have personally never known a woman to be more generous. She is generous with her words, her actions, but mostly with her life. Her generosity towards God can be easily seen in the eight beautiful children that she gave birth to. Her unwavering faith and love for God is visible in how she embraces His great gift of life. She has always been open to life even if her life is at risk. There is no greater love. She truly lives the life of Christ. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… One day, people will read about this incredible and wonderful life of a saint.
I’m soo grateful that I am able to share our eternal union with God through the sacrament of marriage. We share a sacred covenant to make sure every child that is entrusted to us will be with us in heaven for all of eternity. That is the true meaning of “Families are Forever.”
I look forward to growing old with her. She is my hero. She is my best friend. She is my bride forever. I am privileged to be her husband in this journey to heaven.
“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls, who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.” (Matthew 13:45-46)
Spending eternity with my family in the Kingdom of Heaven. I like the way that sounds.
How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. Mother Teresa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
This is all true but it also takes a wonderful and supportive husband to make all this happen. You are an inspiration to us too, Stan, and we are blessed to have you in our lives as well!
~Mariana Bower
I hope I don't embarass you but... I had my children read the special Valentine you wrote Christie. You are such a beautiful example of what a loving, Christian father & husband should be. I want my son to grow up to be exactly the kind of husband you are! And I hope my girls are lucky enough to marry such a Godly man as you. You and Christie are such wonderful, loving examples of a truely Christ centered couple! Thank you for being beautiful role models for my children - and the rest of us :)May God bless your family always!
~Tracy Hooker Lovullo
Thanks ladies...He's a keeper, isn't he!
God Bless you!
I couldn't agree with you more! She is an inspiration to me every day. Thanks for saying it so beautifully. Love you both!
It is a true concept of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.... Families are Forever!!! We truly can be in the eternities together. I'm glad you believe in that too. :)
Post a Comment