Well, another one is officially walking. I have to admit I used to look forward to this stage, coaxing, coaching, encouraging..."come on , you can do it". But having done this seven times before, I know this opens a whole new world of climbing, pulling things down, and seeing things from a whole new "eye level"; like toilet bowls for example. Now don't get me wrong, I am grateful for a healthy "big" girl who is adventurous and progressing normally. It's just that I've come to appreciate the sweet, sit in your lap and play phase , and well I think I've earned the right to mourn the loss of that stage. I know all too well you can't stop progress, especially when it's a determined one year old, so... here we go...
How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. Mother Teresa
Friday, May 16, 2008
Here We Go!
Well, another one is officially walking. I have to admit I used to look forward to this stage, coaxing, coaching, encouraging..."come on , you can do it". But having done this seven times before, I know this opens a whole new world of climbing, pulling things down, and seeing things from a whole new "eye level"; like toilet bowls for example. Now don't get me wrong, I am grateful for a healthy "big" girl who is adventurous and progressing normally. It's just that I've come to appreciate the sweet, sit in your lap and play phase , and well I think I've earned the right to mourn the loss of that stage. I know all too well you can't stop progress, especially when it's a determined one year old, so... here we go...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hooray!!!!! What a bittersweet milestone, Christi. I can't WAIT to see her in person. And by the way, Maria.....do you think you can give Maggie some pointers? Cause she just ain't lettin' go!!!!
Post a Comment