Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Gratefulness Overflowing...



As we approach Thanksgiving each year, I try to encourage the kids to really reflect on all they have to be "thankful" for. So let's start with me..because right now, my cup runneth over

~I am grateful for My Faith, especially the Holy Eucharist (which by the way means "thanksgiving") from which I draw my daily strength.

~I am grateful for the most beautiful birthday video ever and the AWESOME husband who put it together AND sent me the most beautiful bouquet of red roses! He is the best present ever!

~I am grateful that, that same husband worked his hiney off and our boys now have a beautiful new bedroom! (pictures to follow later...he is an amazing Jack of all trades!)

~I am grateful for my family...the beautiful souls God has given me to share this journey with...

~I am grateful for a mother who calls and asks what kind of cake you want...then makes a sinfully delicious cheesecake from scratch, as only she can...and makes you feel like a treasured daughter...thank you mom

~I am grateful for friends who remember your birthday and stop by with flowers, and gifts, and the most delicious chocolate CAKE!...I feel so loved!


~I am grateful for a beautiful day at Cox Farms...and the generous coworker of my husband who made it possible!

~I am so incredibly grateful for a beautiful Confirmation Mass celebrated last Friday for our oldest daughter...(More to come on this later..it was so beautiful and sacred and special that it deserves it's own post)


~I am grateful for this beautiful season...where we can see God's beauty in the changing colors...each morning during prayer, I am blessed to watch the sun come up and the beautiful changing of the leaves...For some reason, I breathe easier in the FAll :o)

~I am grateful for being with my children all day (I'm serious)...and being privileged to see the beautiful relationships blossom between them and the sparkle in their eyes as they learn something new...

~I am grateful for older, wiser mothers who mentor me and come once a week to take my older children to their home and lavish their love and energy on them, and do some really fun crafts!

~I am grateful for health...I know with a large family, sickness is common during this time of year, but I appreciate the protection God has given us so far...and the strength He gives us to bear these little trials for His glory.

~I am grateful for children who finish school diligently and help the younger ones without being asked...

I could go on and on and on...but really God knows it all already...I just need to stop once in awhile and breathe in all of His Gifts...

No comments: