Twelve years ago tomorrow, I was being rushed from ambulance to operating room, to welcome our little 3 pound miracle! Born 9 weeks early , but perfect in every way. He was tiny but he was ours, and we were overjoyed to have a son! A son born right before Christmas...I had many conversations with the Blessed Mother that year, and asked her to hold my little boy tight as I had to go home to his "big" (9 month old) sister and leave him in the NICU. He was in very loving and capable hands in that NICU, but I wanted to be the one feeding him and rocking him...I can still remember that ache. That ache is good, it reminds us just how fragile and precious life is.
Today, Luke, you are a big strong twelve year old boy, on the verge of manhood, and I am still as much in awe of you as I was back then. Just for fun, here are some of my favorite things about Luke...
*When he was only one he could take my vacuum completely apart, the vacuum and his Daddy's coffee mug were his favorite toys. (He even slept with the mug :o) )
*He had surgery when he was four years old for an abscess in his neck and came home on Christmas...he still talks all about it
* He has a crazy memory! He has me beat in this department, hands down.
* He received his First Communion on his seventh birthday, that was all he asked for.
*He looooves chocolate pudding! or anything with pudding in it :o)
*He has been a Giant's fan for years (before they were the superbowl champs :o))
*He is a great big brother, he's even given some of his "special" toys to his little sisters
*He is a wonderful son, and compliments his mother just about every day (I think maybe his Dad has taught him well :o))
* He is an eager helper, always ready to take something from my hands, be it the trash or that darn toilet plunger :o)
*His favorite foods are Chinese food and mashed potatoes ( Not together!)
*People used to come up to us after Church and say he looks like an "angel" and his fifth grade teacher still does.
*He loves to read anything by Tolkien and would love to follow in his footsteps and be a writer someday
* He always tries his best and is ready to cheer someone else on
You are becoming a wonderful young man, and your Dad and I are sooo proud of you!
Have a great birthday! May God Bless you in this coming year. We love you Luke.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Luke! You are a very special young man. Can't wait to see you today..... I'll be dropping in, you know!!!!
Have a great day, buddy.
Love,
Uncle Keith, Aunt Mary, and crew
Happy Birthday Luke! Hope your day was fun. I am sorry about the Jersey mix-up. Hope you got it all straightened out. We can't wait to see you in the right Manning jersey!
Love,
Aunt Cyd, Uncle Donato, Josie, Bella & Tessa
Luke,
You know how lucky I am? I have a wonderful and loving nephew. You are always so loving. Happy Birthday and you also make feel old.
Love Aunt June
Post a Comment