As I spent the day reflecting about the election yesterday, I was filled with many emotions. Last night when Obama was announced our new president, I wanted to celebrate, really I did. It is such a privilege to live in this great country! I wanted to celebrate this great nation, and our freedom to elect our leaders, but that excitement was dampened by the reality that someone with views radically different from my own will lead this country for the next four years. I do not like his policies and especially his moral views, but like it or not he is the leader of our country...and for that I will pray for him and show him the respect that his office deserves.
I do not want my children running around like so many other people who have bashed our president for the last few years. I cannot imagine the pressure of running a country. I want to teach my children to be active in politics and defend the innocent, but with charity, and most of all hope in our great nation. So in the words of Padre Pio, "Pray, hope, and don't worry". It is all in God's hands, always has been, and always will be...God Bless America!
How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. Mother Teresa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The spanking, the respect for the office, the great appreciation for our nation, and the sadness at its blind eye have all been thoughts here too. :(
I am trying...as you are to be joyful in the midst of sadness, and I can't remember the person who said it, but it keeps coming to mind..."Joy is not the abscence of suffering but the presence of God". He is here and I know that for sure.
Post a Comment