I am terrible about discipling the little ones around here lately. I am older now than I was with our first few children, (read here, more tired) . They think quicker than I do, and well, to be honest, I can't stop laughing at them.
You see, there has been more than one time that my hubby and I find ourselves leaving the room to hide our laughter and then come back to correct, clean up, discipline, etc...
For example,
Our three year old loves to stall at bedtime, and stall, and stall, you get the point. Sooo one evening after several trips to the bathroom, my patience was failing me and I sorta snapped a weee little bit... the exchange went something like this.
me: "Just finish up going potty already!"
little angel: "quit yelling, or I might scream your head off" (all said very calmly mind you)
me: "You better not scream your head off "
little angel: "Oh, I am not going to scream my head off Mommy, I am going to scream Yours off"
picture me exiting the room to compose myself and then returning to calmly instruct a three year old in proper manners and obedience. It is exhausting...I think we should have had these little ones first!
How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. Mother Teresa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yah, like the other night when the same little princess was in the same bathroom and made a comment to both of us (I can't remember what she said)... but we both had to run out to hide our laughter. Then you had to step up to correct her because I couldn't stop laughing. I think we're just a little more seasoned now and don't take things as serious as when were rookies.
Oh...I've been seeing this for years... Everytime I visit there was something one of them said that would be hilarious and you two would tell me to quit laughing or snickering. Love June.
Post a Comment